tax questions

  • strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 879.
  • strict warning: Declaration of content_handler_field::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 208.
  • strict warning: Declaration of date_handler_field_multiple::pre_render() should be compatible with content_handler_field_multiple::pre_render($values) in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 185.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_argument::init() should be compatible with views_handler::init(&$view, $options) in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 745.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 589.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 589.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 135.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/51424/domains/ on line 135.

I am planning to move to hong kong in a couple months.  I still have income from the US but I plan to get a job out there as a local and get a work visa as a local since my parents were born in hong kong.

Who should I contact regarding learning more about how to manage my tax situation internationally as well as manage them in the US.  is there an easy way to manage both?  If there are tax specialist in hong kong you recommend, can I speak with them?



Re: Right of abode

Hi there,

I guess the question goes back to whether you have the right of abode.  If so, you don't need a work visa here.  If not it would be sort of difficult.

Anyway even if you can work here, the US IRS is not going to let you go as long as you are a US citizen in their own definition.  You still have to declare your income here.

Best Regards,