drivers licence

can you change a usa drivers licence issued to a non resident, the question being, as the licence is only valid untill the visa expires, [obviously to change it before it expires] to a hong kong dl?

many thanks

re: drivers licence

Sorry, I'm not 100% clear what you're asking. Please see if this page answers your question.

If it doesn't, please could you explain in more detail what you want to do?

thanks for your help. my

thanks for your help.

my question is as follows

i am a uk resident, who wants to get a californian drivers licence on my entry visa to the usa, the thing is that the licence expires when the visa expires, e.g. if my visa to stay in the usa is for 3 months, then  the licence is valid for 3 months.            I want to know if i can change such a licence to a hong kong licence [obviously when it is still valid]        

your help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

US Driver's Licence

Hi there,

I'm afraid the best way for you is to look up the respective DMV office in California and ask questions there.

Best Regards,


foreign licence

You passed the driving test in UK & your usual place of residency is UK?
If you intend to get the HKG licence by showing the USA licence, then you have to prove that your usual place of residency is USA.