Income Tax for a US HK Citizen

Hi, I am a US HK citizen since I was born in HK. I am currently working in the US, but might get a transfer to HK with a US company. I know that I will be paying income taxes with the US, but will I have to pay income tax with HK too since I am hold permanent residency there? If I do have to pay taxes on both ends, how would I go about revoking my HK citizenship? Thanks.

Double taxation?

Hi Anon;

You'll definitely have to pay the income tax here in Hong Kong. Your being born here doesn't matter; it's the fact that you're earning money here that makes you liable. You may also have to pay US taxes, but it depends on how much money you'll be making in HK. You get an exclusion up to USD80,000 per year.

This article and this one have more on taxes in Hong Kong.