Motorbike licence

Hi, I am moving to hk from singapore in the next couple of months. Without going into too much detail. it is almost impossible to get a motorbike licence in singapore. I was wondering if you knew the procedure in hk, like do you need to take a course etc etc. any help much appreciated. thanks



I'm also planning on moving to HK by year end. I have a motorcycle cycle license from the United States. Would I be able to use it for while without having to retest again in HK?

Yes, if you already have a

Yes, if you already have a motorbike licence from your home country, you can ride in Hong Kong without taking another test. The government website lists the options:

(a)  Apply for a full driving licence by direct issue without test;
(b)  Apply for a temporary driving licence;
(c)  Driving on strength of their valid overseas driving licence or international driving permit if they are visitors to Hong Kong (visitors mean that they arrive Hong Kong other than to take up residence for a period exceeding 12 months).


Thank you!

Thank you!

What about P plate drivers

What about P plate drivers from oz?

Probationary licences

are also used here. Motorbike riders need a probationary licence for the first 12 months after passing their driving test. See This page on the TD website.

But... it's not clear how they treat an overseas probationary licence. Best to contact them at to be sure. Please let us know what you find out.