Work permit in China, but living in Hong Kong

I am about to take up a position in Shenzhen. The company is a China entity with no legal links to Hong Kong. Nevertheless, I decide to reside in Hong Kong with my family and have the kids go to school there. Has anyone experience with such arrangement and could provide tips? Are there ways to get a residency in HK even if work contract is in China?

Yes, but..

Yes, you can marry a permanent resident. Only way.

Commuting between HK and Shenzhen isn't a great idea. Without HKID and without a go-back-to-China pass, you're going to spend ages waiting in queues and you'll burn through your passport pages with the four stamps every day (two HK, two mainland).