ID card for foreigner owner of a HK Company


French, I create my own company In HongKong.

As I frequently travel outside HK, especially Mainland China, I would like to get HK ID card.

But except my company office in Wangchai, I do not have home in HK.

Is it possile to get the ID card ?

 Thanks for any help.




re: ID card

The government page about ID cards says that:

Every adult who enters and is permitted to stay in Hong Kong for more than 180 days must apply to register within 30 days of arrival.

So I guess that the first step is to get the visa (maybe options 7 or 8?) that gives you permission to stay, and if you can get that then the ID follows as a given. BUT, as always, call or email immigration to be sure.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find,