Work visa for our nanny

We are moving to HK in July and are thinking of bringing our nanny over from the UK.  I know that this sounds bonkers given the availability and cost of high quality of domestic help here however she is very much part of our family. Does anyone know how easy/difficult it would be to get a work visa for her?  

Nanny work visa

Well, that's a new one.

I don't know the answer.

In ordinary circumstances, Hong Kong's system of granting visas for domestic helpers is limited to applicants from a group of Asian countries, via very clearly-defined channels of application and approval.

But on the other hand, the very fact that Hong Kong imports domestic helpers may work in your favor.

You need to contact the Immigration Department on this one, and I suggest you do so as soon as you can. The section of their website dealing with foreign domestic helpers is here.

Nanny work visa

I agree with Mr Tall that it's good to get in touch with immigration as soon as possible. I'm not sure if they'll consider a nanny to be a professional, or a foreign domestic helper. So I'd recommend the approach "We'll be moving to Hong Kong with our children and their nanny in July, and I want to check what visa we'll need to arrange for our nanny." Then let them guide you to the easiest way to handle it.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find out.