Being self-employed in HK

I was just wondering how easy it is to be self-employed in HK if you are from Britain and do not have a working visa.

My boyfriend is a freelance self employed web developer/designer living in London, but we both plan to move to HK next year. I will look for the same job as I do in London which is working in fashion retail buying (they call it merchandising in HK) but I'm not sure what the procedure is for my boyfriend.

Thanks for any advise.

I don't think it will be

I don't think it will be easy, but there are a couple of ideas here:

Good luck, MrB